How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify—it is not just if you are unemployed.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Registering is really quick and easy—if you think you qualify, call into the school office. Once registered, you do not need to complete any future forms unless you have a change of address or change in who lives with you.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great, they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year for each eligible child) and the school gets additional funding.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals, they can continue as normal as long as you qualify and are registered for free school meals the school still gets the additional funding.
No-one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. Please register immediately to make sure your child and others don’t miss out.
Should you have any questions about applying for free school meals or to discuss whether you are eligible, please speak to Miss Wright, our academy office manager.
Complete the application form below and return it to the academy office. If you require a paper copy, these can be collected from the main entrance or emailed to you. No proof of benefits/income is required.
The application can be found below: