The Government has provided funding of £150 million per annum for the last five academic years to provide primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, and Media and Sport. The funding will be allocated directly to primary schools, to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport – they have the freedom to decide how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring/employing specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality schemes/materials for the delivery of PE/Sport
- developing and running after school sport clubs
Governors of Eaton Park agree that the money must be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability, that pupils who excel in key elements of the PE curriculum are given the opportunity to compete in competitions/tournaments, that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
Funding will be used to improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school. We believe that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
All of the work undertaken within our Academy is underpinned by our school values which are the principles which guide us.
Through stimulating and memorable learning experiences, we strive to create well-rounded learners and characters who have the knowledge, skills, qualities and characteristics to succeed both now and in the future.